Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.0.0 Release Notes
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.0.0 is the first supported release of Pivotal Greenplum Database on the Kubernetes platform. Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.0.0 also introduces new and changed features as compared to previous Beta releases of the product.
Refer to the Pivotal Greenplum Database documentation for detailed information on Pivotal Greenplum Database.
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes includes the Pivotal Greenplum Database version identified below:
|Greenplum for Kubernetes Version||Pivotal Greenplum Database Version|
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.0.0 is supported on the following platforms:
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS) 1.3.1 (contains Kubernetes 1.12.4)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Kubernetes 1.12.4
Additional Kubernetes environments, such as Minikube, can be used for testing or demonstration purposes.
This release introduces the following new and changed features:
- Greenplum for Kubernetes is no longer an experimental release. Version 1.0 is the first release supported by Pivotal. See the Known Issues and Limitations section for important considerations when deciding how to deploy Greenplum for Kubernetes.
- Version 1.0 introduces the
antiAffinityproperty in the Greenplum Operator manifest file, to ensure that a primary segment is not deployed on the same worker node as its corresponding mirror (or to enforce the same restriction for the master and standby).
To upgrade your existing Greenplum for Kubernetes operator and clusters, follow the instructions in Upgrading Greenplum for Kubernetes.
- Some common Greenplum Database backup and restore utilities are not supported. This includes
gprestoreutilities, and the related plug-ins for s3 and Data Domain Boost.
- Greenplum Database connector functionality is not supported. This includes Greenplum Streaming Server (gpss) and its API, Greenplum-Informatica Connector, Greenplum-Spark Connector, and the Greenplum-Kafka Integration.
- Pivotal extension framework (PXF) and its associated plug-ins are not supported.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes does not currently support cluster monitoring with Greenplum Command Center, the
gpperfmondatabase, or related utilities. Use system-level monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana until Greenplum Command Center support is available.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes does not support the built-in SNMP features that are available in Pivotal Greenplum Database.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes clusters do not support installing Greenplum extensions that use the
gppkgutility). Future releases will include these extensions as part of the distribution, as with MADlib.
- The Greenplum Operator does not yet support changing all attribute values of a deployed Greenplum cluster. See Greenplum Operator Manifest File for details.