Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.13 Release Notes
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.13 introduces new features and bug fixes.
Refer to the Pivotal Greenplum Database documentation for detailed information about Pivotal Greenplum Database.
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes includes the Pivotal Greenplum Database version identified below:
|Greenplum for Kubernetes Version||Pivotal Greenplum Database Version|
|1.13.0, 1.12.0, 1.11.0||5.24.0|
Pivotal Greenplum for Kubernetes 1.13 is supported on the following platforms:
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS) 1.6.0 (contains Kubernetes 1.15.5)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Kubernetes 1.15.5
Additional Kubernetes environments, such as Minikube, can be used for testing or demonstration purposes.
This release introduces the following features and changes:
- PXF is now a supported feature in Greenplum for Kubernetes.
An error message is now displayed if you attempt to modify a PXF instance that was created using an earlier version of the Greenplum Operator:
Cannot update GreenplumPXFService instance -- operator only supports updates to greenplumpxfservices at the latest version. Please update GreenplumPXFService to the latest version in order to make updates; GreenplumPXFService has image: <old image version>; Operator supports image: <new image version>
Ubuntu packages were updated in order to resolve the following Ubuntu Security Notification (USNs):
To upgrade a Greenplum for Kubernetes operator and cluster from the prior release, follow the instructions in Upgrading Greenplum for Kubernetes.
- Pivotal does not support deployments that have been modified by adding layers to the packaged Docker images, or deployments that reference images other than the Greenplum Operator. Pivotal does not support changing the contents of the deployed containers and pods in any way.
- Some common Greenplum Database backup and restore utilities are not supported. This includes
gprestoreutilities, and the related plug-ins for s3 and Data Domain Boost.
- Greenplum Database connector functionality is not supported. This includes Greenplum Streaming Server (gpss) and its API, Greenplum-Informatica Connector, Greenplum-Spark Connector, and the Greenplum-Kafka Integration.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes does not currently support cluster monitoring with Greenplum Command Center, the
gpperfmondatabase, or related utilities. Use system-level monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana until Greenplum Command Center support is available.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes does not support the built-in SNMP features that are available in Pivotal Greenplum Database.
- Greenplum for Kubernetes clusters do not support installing Greenplum extensions that use the
gppkgutility). Future releases will include these extensions as part of the distribution, as with MADlib.
- The Greenplum Operator does not yet support changing all attribute values of a deployed Greenplum cluster. See Greenplum Operator Manifest File for details.